Class #12 (Feb. 14) Reading Questions - The Dark Side of the Universe
1. What was Einstein's "greatest blunder" and what lead him to make this "blunder"?
2. What is the Einstein-de Sitter model for the universe and what is the Omega for this model?
3. What was the "age problem" that prompted the Lematire and Eddington models for the universe?
4. Describe the three methods used to determine the age of old stars and give the currently accepted value for the age of the oldest stars.
5. What is the Lambda-CDM model?
Your Question: Please give a well formulated question that you have regarding the material covered in this reading assignment.